It’s time for another look at some of the Firefox extensions making the rounds this week.
For the new readers, I do these picks post every couple of weeks or as soon as I come across enough extensions to warrant a post. You can see the previous posts in this series at the bottom of this post.
- Zotero – Zotero is a blogger’s dream extension. originally meant as a research extension, I see a great use for it to store your notes, screenshots, references, links & images of web pages you come across. If you use Clippings or ScrapBook, this is definitely worth a look. I will do a separate review of this extension after I use it for a couple of weeks.
- Adsense Notifier – Display your Google Adsense earnings in your Firefox statusbar and updates automatically at an interval you specify. Great to see those cents we rake in with Google Ads.
- Youlicit – If you are a StumbleUpon user, you might find this an interesting option to discover relevant sites. Youlicit recommends to sites similar to the one you are on. For eg. when I Youlicit-ed while I was on PassPack, it took me to Clipperz, BugMeNot & a password generator site.
- Read-It-Later – I just love this one! Do you have bookmark folders full of links that you just wanted to read later? With this extension, you can save pages by right clicking on a link (don’t have to open the link) to your reading list. When you have time, you could go through your list or hit articles randomly like your own StumbleUpon. [via Download Squad]
- Morning Coffee – You can bookmark your regular read websites to open on different days. For eg. you can set to open ShanKri-la every day and open Fark.com on just Fridays. You get the hint, just bookmark ShanKri-la now.
That’s it for this week and I’m sure it’ll keep you occupied for some time. Make sure you uninstall extensions you don’t use anymore to keep your browser zipping along.