I play games on my phone when I am bored or if I am travelling or if I am killing time between aisles while my wife is shopping! But, the little keys in the little keypad aren’t kind to my digits. I can feel its impact on my poor fingers for hours later and most of those cell phone games are mindless anyways! But, I don’t have to anymore!
I just came across Wattpad.com on Lifehacker! They provide an app to read books on your cell phone. Well, here are the quick facts!
- It’s FREE.
- Install the jar file on your phone either through your phone’s browser or you can transfer to your phone from your pc. I prefer the pc transfer as I don’t have the data plan on my phone.
- Now, download the jar files from Wattpad and install them on phone.
- Open the application and voila! you have a book to read!!
- If you have a data plan on your phone, you could get books easily through your phone browser.
- Or you could send an sms/email to your phone with a link to download the book from Wattpad.com.
- How about the books collection? It is a community-built library of whatever you can think of.. novels, jokes, essays, poems, etc. If you have some, you can upload it too..
- At present I am reading my favorite, Godfather by Mario Puzo and I like the way it scrolls at a reading speed.
- Wattpad.com offers an intuitive web 2.0 styled interface and I like the tag cloud to look for books.
- I don’t think this is going to alter my book reading habits, but it will be a nice way to kill time if you are stuck at some place with nothing but your cell phone.
I am yet to look closely at the selection the community has to offer. But, I see a few titles i like to start using it right away.