Apple just released the latest Final Cut Pro video editing software to the Mac App Store. Final Cut Pro X is priced at $299.
Along with Final Cut Pro 10, Apple has also released Motion 5 – motion graphics creation tool and Compressor 4 – an advanced media encoder. They both cost $49.99 each.
If you are used to using apps like Color 1.5 and Compressor 3.5, but Final Cut Pro X brings all those functionality into one app for key sound editing and color grading components to get your entire post-production done in one software.
The original Final Cut Pro Suite sold for $1000 so the new Final Cut Pro X with all the features built-in is a steal for $300.
Here are some of the features
Revolutionary Video Editing
- Assemble clips in the Magnetic Timeline without clip collisions or sync problems.
- Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline.
- Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip. Easily expand it back to single clips.
- Perfect your pacing right in the timeline with the Inline Precision Editor.
- Cycle through different shots, graphics, or effects at one place in the timeline with Auditions.
Powerful Media Organization
- Import a broad range of formats including native AVCHD, H.264 from DSLRs, and more.
- Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background.
- Choose analysis options for stabilization, rolling shutter correction, and audio enhancement.
- Create and apply custom keywords on the fly as you select ranges in clips.
- Smart Collections let you dynamically organize content and find any shot in a few clicks.
If you have been wanting to take your video editing beyond iMovie, what was then available only to professional video editors for a grand is now available at a much more reasonable package of three hundred bucks.
You can check out the new features in Final Cut Pro at Apple’s website. And you can download Final Cut Pro X from the Mac App Store.
Also, Mac OS X Lion is going to be available only in the Mac App Store when it comes out in July. But, youcan find out how to create a Mac OS X Lion boot disc here.