A lot of us don’t really need the bloat and bells and whistles of a full blown Photoshop installation.
Pixelmator is a popular Mac OS X application that can perform most of the stuff you can do with Photoshop. Here are a few things you can do with Pixelmator
- Interface designed for work with images
- Layers-based image editing
- Use over 20 tools for selecting, crop, painting, retouching, typing, measuring and navigation
- Use over 15 color correction tools
- Use over 130 filters
- Adjust image size and resolution
- Transform images, layers or selections using transform tools
- Fill and Stroke images, layers or selections
- Prepare and export images for the Web
- Photo Browser in Pixelmator offers quick access to your iPhoto or Aperture library, events, albums, and smart albums.
Pixelmator team has just released a preview of Pixelmator 2.0 with some amazing features. It is going to be a free upgrade for those who already own it.
Here is the sweet part of this deal.
Pixelmator 2.0 is going to cost $59 when it comes out in the Mac App Store. However, you can grab the current version of Pixelmator for just $29.99 (50% off) and get a free upgrade when 2.0 comes out.
Jump over to the site to see the new features in Pixelmator 2.0 (inlcudes content aware fill like Photoshop CS5)
Pixelmator 2.0 New Features
- New Look and feel
- Drawing tools
- Content aware fill
- Healing tool
- Sponge tool
- Red eye tool
- Pixel tool
- New eyedropper tool
- New type tool
- Tool customizations
And many other cool enhancements to what is already a great app. I am now kind of addicted to its simple, lightweight and nimble interface. I tried to do most of my editing just with iPhoto since Photoshop was so bloated. But, now I keep going to Pixelmator.