Previously called CraigsNumber, Numbr offers free, disposable phone numbers that will automatically forward calls to your mobile or landline number.
Quick facts about this service
- Auto-expiring and callers don’t see your home or mobile number
- Service is free but is in Beta
- If you are not from one of the major cities, you may not get one in your area code
- Allocated numbers and unique and will not be reused.
- The default expiry date is one month but you can extend it indefinitely
- Set call options like screening calls between set time period, blocking calls from blocked caller ids, blocking calls from suspected telemarketers.
- You can get your incoming call history emailed to you.
- You can also get a FREE numbr by calling (415) 234 5678
- You can see the various options you can set in this screenshot.
A few reasons why this number could be useful to you
- Use it when you put a flyer out to sell something
- Use it in Craigslist
- Use it in eBay
- Use it in your blog or website
I grabbed one even though I have a GrandCentral number. This could come in handy when you really don’t feel like sharing your phone number with someone. Are you getting one?