My wife and I love watching movies and we have been a long time Netflixers. I even wrote about how to use your Netflix subscription to the fullest.
In that post, we looked at Roku – a set top box like device that can stream Netflix’s watch online movies straight to your TV.
Now, LG has introduced a Network Blu-Ray Player that’s touted as the World’s first Blu-Ray player that streams from Netflix – instantly.
LG Network Blu-Ray Player
- Full HD 1080p video output
- With high-speed internet connection, BD Live – exclusive downloads and interactive experiences
- Upconverts standard DVD to 1080p
- Built-in Ethernet and USB 2.0 ports
- Outputs – 1 component video, 1 composite video, 1 HDMI, 1 stereo audio, 1 optical digital audio & 1 coaxial digital audio
- Supports TrueHD/Digital Plus audio format and DTS-HD Advanced Out
- Netflix streaming lets you watch the ‘Watch Online’ movie titles (over 12,000 titles to choose from)
- Netflix movies start streaming in 30 seconds. You can fast forward, rewind and pause movies.
- You just select the movies you wanna watch in Netflix.com and you can select those movies and watch right in your player.
- The LG Network Blu-Ray Player is HD ready but Netflix don’t have any HD movies online yet. But, when they do add it, you’ll be able to watch it with this player.
This player is available in Best Buy and Circuit City. At Best Buy it is priced at a hefty $349.99.
Streaming movies from Netflix straight to the TV is something I am looking at. But, this player is well above the price point I am at. Roku selling at $99 is definitely a much better option for me. But, for someone already in the market for a Blu-Ray disc player and having a Netflix subscription, it might just add up to same cost and you don’t have to have 2 devices. Plus, when Netflix starts streaming full-HD content, you wouldn’t have to upgrade.
I would to hear about your Netflix hacks and if this is something you would consider buying.