If you are a freelancer and looking for a free, web based billing application, CurdBee might be right up your alley. There are plenty of paid alternatives, but if your needs are simple CurdBee is definitely worth considering.
- Sign up for a FREE account
- Choose your own unique address – for eg. yourname.curdbee.com for your billing url.
- Create a list of your clients
- Set a default currency with an option of 10 international currencies
- Lets you create invoices quickly
- Create line items for your invoices so you can bill usual items at set prices
- Add notes to your invoices
- Attach key status labels to your invoices to track different invoices – Draft, Sent, Viewed, Paid, Closed
- Items tab lets you create items for use in Invoices
- Dashboard view quickly shows you overdue invoices, recently paid invoices and sent invoices.
- Set up Curdbee to receive payments via PayPal or Google Checkout.
- Also, personalize your Curdbee site with your logo and color scheme.
Curdbee is a simple web-based billing application. We have tried to use QuickBooks for my wife’s freelancing gigs but it is way overkill for what we need it for. We are giving Curdbee a try and it is a joy to use as it’s simple and intuitive. It addresses the essentials – creating invoices, tracking them, getting paid.
Curdbee is a free service and their FAQ hints at a future premium version but promises to keep the core features always FREE.