Just what I was looking for to track my car mileage! I drive a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse with over 100,000 miles on it. It is running well and I try to guess its mileage with every fill up by setting up my trip meter with every fill up and making a mental note of the number of gallons I put in.
The problem with that is: I kind of know what the mileage is but I don’t know for sure. I could have kept track of it in a spreadsheet but that wouldn’t be cool would it. With my love for web applications, Mymilemarker is just what I needed.
Mymilemarker is a simple web application and it offers
- Quick and easy signup
- Name your car or cars if you have multiple
- Enter date, odometer reading, the number of gallons you filled and price per gallon.
- It gives you a nice projection of miles that you will drive in a year, projected costs and average mpg based on your history.
- You can change the forecast time from the default one year to whatever you want, say, like 6 months.
- You can add every fill up using your Twitter account.
- You need to fill-in data about atleast 3 fill ups before it will start spewing numbers and projection graphs at you.
I like the simple approach taken by Mymilemarker. It just tracks my mileage data as well as my driving habits. Looking at projections out for a year could be very helpful for someone like me driving a car with over 100,000 miles on it. I have to plan for a replacement sooner or later. I think this little web application is going to come in handy for me.
Do you attempt to track your mileage? Do you know how much you will be spending on just gas alone in the year to come? You might be in for a surprise and I am hoping this will make me change my driving habits for the better. I will post an update after 2 more fill ups on the promising usefulness of this service.