Kyle of Kyle’s Cove tagged me to write some random facts about me. Even though the title implies random facts about ShanKri-la, it might be fun to know little about the person behind this. I have to say that this was harder than writing a tech post and the reason why my About page doesn’t say much about me.
- I live with my wife in East Lansing, Michigan and people call me Karthik.
- I love playing pool and volleyball. I am a newbie rollerblader (is that even a word?). I play in a BCA 8-ball and a 4-on-4 league every year.
- I wear multiple hats at work as a database administrator, webmaster, linux system admin and a developer and I love the variety of things I work on.
- I love nature and traveling.
- I am a wannabe photographer any literally drool anytime I look at a Canon Rebel XTi. If someone wants to buy me a gift, I’ve just made it easy for you. For now, I use our Canon SD450.
- I will be 30 in a few months.
- My wife and I love watching movies and that is about the only thing I watch on TV besides news. I did watch 24 seasons 1 & 2 on DVD.
- I just won a clever t-shirt slogan contest at Blogging Expertise and it felt like I won the Mega Million. I have never won a contest before and this was a sweet surprise. My winning slogan was ’RSS feeds. I’m hungry.’. ‘Read Blogs. Save Trees.’ got a special mention too.
- I came up with the name ‘K-IntheHouse’ when I was playing with WordPress installation and I’m not sure if I like it or not but it’s stuck with me now.
- ShanKri-la is a word play on the mythical Shangri-la. I’m the K in it and my wife’s name forms the first part. Yeah, this is a family owned operation.
Since this is a tagging game, I am going to tag a few of my friends to see if they would like to participate. It’ll be cool to know more about them.