Yes! It’s time to look at some more cool, new, shiny Firefox extensions.
- easyComment: If you are into blogging, this experimental add-on is a must have. It automatically fills out blog comment forms. It also supports multiple commenting profiles and even language mutation. I used to use InformEnter but I am trying this now.
- FireScope: This is a tool by the site popular with web developers. Firescope is an add-on that integrates with Firebug and extends it with reference material for HTML & CSS. I learnt most of my HTML and CSS though Firebug and this is going to take it up a notch.
- DragDropUpload: Drop files directly onto attachment boxes instead of browsing for them. If you attach a lot of files in Gmail, this could be a God send! You can drop multiple files and it auto-fills all entries too.
- Flickr Gallery Plus: Flickr is one of my favorite websites and I power it with the Better Flickr add-on, which is a collection of Flickr Greasemonkey scripts. Flickr Gallery Plus also adds features like set/gallery view – 1 large pic with thumbnails of others, keyboard navigation, slideshow of all pics in a set, etc.
- SEO Toolbar: This is a brand new SEO add-on by the popular Aaron Wall. Give it a try you might just fall in love. SearchStatus is another one of my favorite Firefox SEO add-ons.
- FoxLingo: Google Toolbar usually meets my translation needs but if you are looking for an ultimate language tool, you need FoxLingo. It can do web page translation, translated search, auto translation, text translation, language resources & learning languages, etc.
Enjoy the new extensions. Make sure you remove the ones you hardly use to keep your Firefox from getting bloated and slow. Right balance of extensions will give you the pwer and freedom of Firefox plus the speed.
Firefox Theme of the Week
If you are a fan of dark colored themes, PitchDark for Fx is a clean minimalistic dark theme. I like it as much as my last week’s Firefox theme and I might keep this for a while. The different brownish dark color is a welcome change than the usual black.