Twitter is not about ‘What are you doing’ anymore. Twitter has long become the voice of businesses and brands. Even those who aren’t already using Twitter for business reasons are taking new interest.
Twitter’s home page redesign from just a status update to showing current Twitter trends. Twitter’s web interface might suit a casual individual. But, you can’t manage a corporation’s Twitter identity from Twitter’s web interface.
Adobe Air Client like TweetDeck lets you manage multiple Twitter accounts as well as let you have multiple interfaces open with different views, etc that can help an individual manage it professionally.
HootSuite – Professional Twitter Client
HootSuite is a new web based Twitter management tool that shows great promise. HootSuite aims at managing your brand’s Twitter presence through a team of professionals.
- Manage all your Twitter profiles through one web interface
- Update multiple Twitter accounts by easily selecting Twitter profiles to update
- Team Workflow offers a way to manage your users accessing various Twitter profiles
- Track statistics about Tweet statistics
- Multiple columns feature lets you see Friends timeline, Mentions, Direct Messages at the same time
- Tabbed interface offers quick switching between various Twitter profiles
- Create Groups and see your friends and people of interest in customized column views
- Schedule Tweets for announcements and events
- Quick Search – offers quick access to search, trends and you can even save a search
- Embed your favorite Twitter column as a Twitter feed in any blog or website
- Feed your blog RSS feed to Twitter using HootSuite
- Ping.FM integration lets you update multiple social networking services like Facebook, WordPress, MySpace, LinkedIn though a single update
- Auto Refresh lets you keep updated on current Tweets without the need to refresh the page
- Clickable hashtags
- Replies are shown in threaded conversations
- Collapsible Tweet Panel lets you maximize your Twitter screen real estate
- Hootlet bookmarklet lets you quickly share any webpage you are browsing without having to head to HootSuite
As you can see, HootSuite with their current v2.0 offers excellent features that can make your Twitter management experience a pleasure. HootSuite is currently free but soon different pricing plans will be announced with various feature sets.
HootSuite is definitely a great tool to manage your Twitter presence if you are individual with multiple Twitter accounts or a business with a team of people managing Twitter profiles.