A friend of mine recently wanted to install a security cameras at his work place that he could monitor over the Internet. After a lot of research and comparing notes and prices he settled on this security camera. I am sharing it here in case you are looking to purchase one.
TRENDnet SecurView Pan/Tilt/Zoom Internet Surveillance Camera TV-IP410 (White) sells for around $130 for a wired model and around $180 for a wireless model. These prices are in Amazon and it was the lowest I could find from a decent retailer after checking Google Products.
Some of the attractive features of TRENDnet SecurView are
- High quality MPEG video recording upto 30 frames per second
- SecurView software – view and record upto 16 cameras simultaneously
- Motion detection that triggers email alerts, image snapshot and video recording
- Pan 330 degree side to side and tilt 105 up and down from any Internet connection to look around the room.
- Supports TCP/IP networking, SMTP email. HTTP (no SSL support though)
There were other more expensive options available but this camera seemed to provide a good balance between features, ease of use and price.
Let us know in the comments if you have a better suggestion. We’d like to review it soon.