Black Friday 2008 is here and for a lot of us today is probably last day at work this week. I love Black Friday’s and always on the lookout for good deals to get my hands on. This year is no different.
One thing that has changed is the amount of information available in advance in the Internet about the Black Friday deals.
It used to circulate in badly formatted Word documents & Excel spreadsheets. Now, there are whole sites dedicated to it and they are doing a fabulous job at it.
I have come across a few nice sites and resources that I wanted to round up and share it with you. Here’s what you will find in this article:
- Best Black Friday Websites
- Online & In-store Black Friday Sale Links
- Best of 2008 Black Friday Deals
- Surprise Apple Sales Event
Best Black Friday Websites
One of the best Black Friday deal websites around and my first stop every morning to check out new ads.
Here are a few things I like about this site
- View scanned ads online for pretty all the major stores. Download zip of PDF files and print it to take it with you.
- Categorized, searchable list of items on sale
- Narrow down sale items to view Early bird sale items only
- With a free account, you can create your own online shopping list with a single click
- Daily contests. Today: Xbox 360 Arcade or a $150 Kmart Gift Card
- Daily Black Friday Deals updates
- Separate section for online deals
- Black Friday online sales timeline
- Buying Guides
- Laptop Buying Guide
- Television Buying Guide
- GPS Buying Guide
- Video Game Console Comparison
- Top 10 Video Games
- Mobile interface to view in your cell phone
- BUY NOW links shows you online deals that are available right now to purchase.
BlackFriday.info is another goldmine of Black Friday deal info with features similar to bfads.net. Plus, they have a little bit more
- Choose a category and see deals from across all stores
- Sort the categorized deals by Price to compare the best deals easily
- Create your own shopping list
- Online coupons & discount codes section
- Section to see what’s available online to purchase right now. For eg. Walmart has a Viore 42″ Class Full HD 1080p LCD HDTV w/Digital Tuner for sale right now for $694.98
If there is one forum I visit often it’s the SlickDeals.net forums. Now, they have an exclusive Black Friday forum that has all kinds of information in there. Here’s a taste of some of the threads
- Master Index of Black Friday Ads
- Black Friday Tips, information and FAQ
- Excel Spreadsheet with Black Friday filtered ads
- Black Friday Strike Teams
- HDTV Deals section
MORE BLACK FRIDAY SITES
if the above three didn’t give all the information you needed, here are a few more to check out
- BlogtheInternet.com – Comprehensive deal info on variety of categories.
- DealNews.com Black Friday Sales
- Gadgetell Black Friday Roundup
- Mashable.com’s list of 10 best Black Friday Ads
Online Black Friday Sales
Some of us hate the lines and the crowd that’s part of shopping in-store. And the retailers know it. So, a lot of the retailers have started offering their best deals online. Some of them even well before Black Friday. Here is a list of retailers you can find online deals right now
INFO ON BF ONLINE DEALS
- Thanksgiving and Black Friday Online Sales Timeline at Bfads.net
This constantly updated list show you the online deals going on right now. It also has list of different online retailers’ online sale timings and when you can expect to see them go on sale.
LIST OF BF ONLINE DEALS
Here is a list of Online Sales I have my eye on
- Best Buy Friday Doorbuster Sales
- Sear’s Doorbuster Sales Online tonight – Free shipping on orders over $99
- Amazon.com Black Friday Deals (Amazon link) – All week this week
- NewEgg.com Black Friday Pre-sale – 6PM EST
- Walmart.com Online Specials – including this Viore 42″ Class Full HD 1080p LCD HDTV w/Digital Tuner for sale right now for $694.98
- MacMall 57-hour Apple Products Sale
- J&R Black Friday Move Sale – DVDs as low as $3.99
- 6th Ave Pre-Black Friday Deals
- Dell Small Business Black Friday Deals
- Kohl’s Pre-thanksgiving Sale – Going on now
- Buy.com Thanksgiving Sale – Going on now
- Staples – The Big Event – Going on now
- Target Online-only Sale
- ToysR’Us Online Sale
- Circuit City Daily Doorbuster Deals
- Ikea One-day Only Seize the Day Sale
Ok, this list should keep you busy for a while. Now, how about if you don’t have the patience to scour the hundreds of deals out there to compare and find the best ones out there? Here comes the shortcut.
2008 Best Black Friday Deals
PC Magazine, that is going online only shortly, has compiled some of the best black friday deals out there for this year. Here’s a few of the best deals at various places:
- HDTV: Samsung 46-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (LN46A500) – available at Best Buy, BJ’s, Circuit City & Sears for $1100. It seems it’s comparable to LN46A500 model which was considered one of the best in that size but with fewer inputs.
- Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS (Digital Elph) – Office Depot will be selling silver & blue model for $150. But, I am not sure if this would be my pick. I like the Canon SD880 IS that is selling for around $200 better.
- Blu-ray Player: Samsung BDP-1500 Blu-ray Disc Player – another winning Samsung model will be selling at $199 at Circuit City.
- Laptop: Dell Inspiron Mini 9 – Dell is offering the Ubuntu Linux version of Mini 9 for $299.
- Laptop: HP Laptop HP G50-112NR – Office Depot will be offering this laptop with 15.4″ screen, a dual-core CPU, 3GB ram, 160GB hard Drive for $350. Best Buy also has this Toshiba 15.4″ Dual-Core Laptop w/ 3GB, 160GB, Turion 64 X2 for $379.99
- Printer: HP Color LaserJet CP1215 – Staples will be selling this one for $150 on Black Friday.
- Blu-ray Player: Magnavox NB500MG9 Blu-ray Player – Walmart is bringing this at the bargain basement price of $128 on Black Friday. If you are looking for a sweet deal, this definitely is one.
- GPS: TomTom One 125 – You can purchase this at many places for $100 through the weekend and the price will go up to $130 through the holidays.
Share your own finds in the comments and we will consider adding it here.
Apple Black Friday Sale
Apple usually don’t hold any special sales for Thanksgiving. This year is a little different and they are hosting a 10day only special sale. The details aren’t out yet about the sale except for this teaser email.
Hope you enjoyed this post on finding good deals on this Black Friday and even all week in some online sales this week. If all these deals didn’t tempt you, you can be like JD of Get Rich Slowly and celebrate a Buy Nothing Day! And I will have a special place for you in my heart for doing something I obviously couldn’t.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d appreciate a Digg, Stumble, Tweet or however you spread the word with your favorite social media tool. Thank you and Happy Holidays!