Friday is here and I am looking forward to a weekend of not doing a whole lot after last 4 weekends of hectic work from my day job.
Without further adieu, here are this week’s pick of extensions.
- Password Hasher: You can create strong passwords with this extension and have it generate unique passwords based on destination. Very good security options available within it.
- Meebo: This is a Firefox extension for the popular web based IM client, Meebo. After installing, a new tab will open and all your chat sessions will reside in this tab and you can view all your contacts in the sidebar. Has some nice features like flashing tabs when you have new messages, group chat, send a file, chat logs, etc. [via CyberNet News]
- Price Drop: Adds a ‘Track this item’ line to a Amazon product page so you can get notified when the price of that item drops. Even after purchasing this is helpful to get a refund. Tools menu shows you all the items you are watching and you can delete the stuff you are nto interested in anymore. [via gHacks]
- Interclue: Think Cooliris done better. Way better. Interclue lets you preview a link and has an option to clicking the link to preview instead of mouse over avoiding those accidental annoying pop-overs. Plus, it adds options in a preview to bookmark, email, copy the url to a clipboard and open in tabs options. It has a lot more features to list here so try it out if you have been looking for something like this. [via Download Squad]
- GDirections: If you often delete your browser cookies and are tired of entering your address in Google or Yahoo Maps, you will love this extension. It can remember up to 3 addresses and you can get directions by selecting an address in your browser and a right-click.
If you are a Gmail & Greasemonkey user, get your fix of scripts from Top Greasemonkey Scripts for New Gmail 2.0 . If you are looking for more Firefox extensions, check out any of the posts in this series listed below.
Wish everyone a great Friday and a good weekend.
Thanks Silki, for noticing that I have the wrong year in the title! I blame it on the lack of caffeine this morning.