I love Adobe Air apps that bring web applications right to your desktop in slick and easy to use interfaces.
Flickroom is also an Adobe Air application (beta) that beings the most popular photo-sharing site in the Internet, Flickr, to your desktop.
Flickroom is shiny, dark and very intuitive to use. If you are a photographer and spend a lot of time on Flickr, you will love Flickroom.
- Rich browsing experience
- Pop-up notifications about activity on your photostream
- Upload multiple photographs by just dragging images from your desktop
- Edit title, description and other metadata of your photographs
- Comment, mark favorite, add notes
- View comments, tags, EXIF data and save photos on disk
- Tweet about your photographs directly from the application
- Easily check out latest uploads from your contacts
- See which of your photos are in Flickr Explore
- Search in photographs of current user or all Flickr users
- Collaborate with other Flickroom users using the Chatroom
I used Flickroom for a few days and I am already addicted. There are some apps that will make you use a service more than you normally did in it’s original site.
I became active on Twitter only after I started using the Adobe AIR client - TweetDeck. I have become active on Facebook now that TweetDeck supports Facebook updates. Now, I am getting more active on Flickr now that I have Flickroom to browse my pictures easily.
If you have a Flickr account and spend any amount of time there with your pictures, Flickroom is definitely worth checking out.
A few other Flickr related articles I have written about earlier:
- CoolFlick Brings Your Flickr Pics to Life
- Watermark Your Images Online – PicMarkr
- Flickr Uploads and Batch Edits Gets Better
- Ready to use Flickr? Here is a tutorial
- Picasa Web Albums catching up with Flickr
- Picasa & Flickr: The best photo management tools?
[via Download Squad]