I have been a huge fan of the National Geographic magazine for as long as I can remember and subscribe to it.
National Geographic has released an wickedly cool collection of their magazines since 1888 in a 160GB hard drive.
In their own words,
Explore 120 years of amazing discoveries, fascinating maps, and the world’s best photography with The Complete National Geographic. This definitive collection of every issue of National Geographic magazine, digitally reproduced in stunning high resolution, brings you the world and all that is in it. Use the advanced interface to explore a topic, search for photographs, browse the globe, or wander on your own expedition.
Access all of the maps, photos, and magazine issues found on the DVD collection in one external hard drive. Browse and search the entire collection without needing to swap out DVDs. Lightweight and travel-friendly, the hard drive is just 3″ x 5″ and requires only a USB connection. We’ve left plenty of hard disk space to accommodate future upgrades. We’ve also allocated approximately 90GB of hard disk space for your own personal use.
- Rediscover every printed page—every article and advertisement, and thousands of photographs—from 1888 through 2008
- Reference hundreds of the magazine’s classic maps digitized as part of the magazine’s archive for the first time
- Use Geobrowse—a visual geographic search tool—to find articles, photographs, and maps about the location you choose
- Browse special “read lists” from National Geographic or personalize your archive by creating and saving your own lists of favorite articles
- Test your knowledge of subjects including exploration, the environment, geography, history, cultures, and more with a trivia game that links to related articles
- Includes a bonus DVD with tips on how to take better photographs, an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at how National Geographic Magazine is put together, and interviews with NGM photographers revealing the backstory behind their famous photographs
This is absolutely an incredible collection of the best nature content in the world in digital format. In fact, the hard drive comes with 100GB of free space for future updates.
If you are interested in nature photography tips, there couldn’t be a better collection of some of the best nature photographs around!
You can also get this in a set of 6 DVDs and current National Geographic customers get a price break too.
[via Download Squad]