I don’t have much of personal info in the About page and figured this might be a good time to share some with you.
I chose to do a 31 random things about me as I am stepping into my 31st year today, the 31st.. And it turned out to be the hardest one to write.
- I was born in Chennai, India
- I am 30 today
- I love travelling and if I won the lottery, I know exactly where I’ll go first
- I have a bachelors in Chemical Engineering and a masters in Computing Info Systems
- I live in East Lansing, Michigan in the U.S. with my loving wife Priya. Go Spartans!
- I have been married to Priya for 801 days
- I have a little brother & a sister living in Chennai.
- My parents live in Chennai too in the house I grew up.
- Our house is less than a mile from the airport and grew up watching airplanes flying in and out of the airport from our terrace.
- Our current house in E.Lansing is 5 miles from the airport and I still love to watch the airplanes fly in and out from our deck in summer nights.
- I can’t ski but enjoy long walks with my wife.
- I love playing pool even though I am not good at it.
- I play in a BCA 8-ball pool league (in my 7th season).
- I love playing volleyball – I am in a long break since Sep after an ankle sprain.
- I drive a Mitsubishi Eclipse – always wanted a sports car!
- I enjoy bowling. I once scored 222 on a Thanksgiving day just to see my buddy score 223.
- I never played any kind of sport for the best part of my life.
- I like cooking but hate cleaning up after.
- I enjoy fiction – Irving Wallace, Ken Follett, Robert Ludlum, Michael Crichton kind of books and an occasional book like ‘The World is Flat’.
- I can’t swim well but love to be in the water.
- I am very bad at returning phone calls. Friend, if you haven’t heard from me just know it’s not personal. I’m just lazy at that.
- I love nature and Grand Canyon has to be the best place I have been to.
- I registered ShanKrila.com in Sep 2006 in hopes of creating our family website with pictures & such. ShanKri-la is a play on the word – Shangri-la. shan being a part of my wife’s name and the K, is of course me.
- I love movies – comedy, mystery, drama & action. For a geek, I really don’t enjoy Sci-fi as much. Recent favorite – Charlie Wilson’s War. All time favorite – Forrest Gump.
- Favorite actors – Rajnikanth (tamil), Tom Hanks, Will Smith & Adam Sandler.
- Favorite actresses – Asin (tamil), Catherine Zeta Jones & Julia Roberts.
- I wear a lot of hats in my day job and love it. No, I am not a male model. Far from it, actually.
- I am running out of things to write.
- My favorite food – Lamb Briyani (a spicy aromatic Indian rice dish).
Obvious plug:SpicyTasty.com – the best Indian Recipes site. Ever. (honey, did you read this?)
- My favorite cuisine – Indian (surprise!), Mexican, Thai & Italian.
- I am Karthik Ramadoss. Nice to meet you too.
Priya & Karthik
If this hasn’t put you to sleep, I don’t know what will. Thanks for sticking along with me and you are the reason I am blogging.