I am sure you are ready for another dose of some brand new and useful Firefox add-ons. As always, some of these make it to my Top Firefox Extensions list that I update frequently.
The picks reflect the ones I am trying currently or find useful enough to share. After a month or so if I still find the add-on useful, it makes it to the Top Firefox Extensions list.
- Readeroo – A sweet extension for del.icio.us bookmarking service users to help with catching up on reading stuff that you come across when you have the time to read. Simply add pages to del.icio.us with the Readeroo button with a ‘toread’ del.icio.us tag. When you have the time to read, use the Readeroo button to read articles and they will be marked with ‘donereading’ tag.
- Meebo – The online Instant Messenger application that lets sign into multiple IM’s like GChat, Yahoo, MSN from one interface, Meebo has come to Firefox’s sidebar as an extension. Great for people with widescreen monitors. I like the visual cues when I get chat messages and the ability to drag and drop links to share with my buddies.
- SafeCache – Protects you from cache based web privacy attacks. Released by Stanford University’s security research team. [via News.com]
- SafeHistory – Protects you from visted-links-based tracking techniques by remote sites. By the same security reasearch team.
- Edit Cookies – Update, add or edit cookies live. One for the power user to be used for website testing. It has a nice interface to search cookies by site, etc.
- AutoComplete Manager – If you like the current Firefox’s native auto completetion feature, you’ll be blown away by this extensions features. Searches bookmark address, names & titles, matches anywhere in the address not just the beginning. Checkout the extensions page for complete feature list as they are too many to list them all here. [via Lifehacker]
- InstantBird – It’s a multi-client instant messenger plugin and not an extension built on Mozilla’s platform. I’m really excited about this one as developers could write add-ons for it just like Firefox add-ons and the possibilities are endless.
Hope you find a Firefox add-on on or two that you find useful in this week’s list. Also, there is an Extend Firefox Contest going on that ends in December’07. I am looking forward to this mega contests where 3 winners are going to get some snazzy prizes. Winners are to be announced on Jan 15 2008.