I am sure you have been flooded with Apple’s iPad news that was made available on Saturday after one of the most successful hype-campaign after the iPhone launch.
I love the new ‘lifestyle’ device ‘Apple iPad’, don’t get me wrong and I love my Apple iPhone. So, with Apple iPad available for ordering now, what other alternatives are out there?
One of the tablet devices in the making that has been making waves is Notion Ink’s Adam by Rohan Shrawan.
Here are the specs and expected components in Notion Ink’s Adam tablet
- 10 inch Transflective LCD PixelQi screen (1024×600)
- Android OS, Ubuntu, Chromium
- nVidia Tegra 2 CPU that can extend the battery life twice as much as the iPad
- HDMI and 3x USB connectors
- 1080p video out
- Battery life: 16 hours, 160 hours on backlight off mode
- WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth
- RF, ambient light sensor, AGPS, proximity sensor, accelerometer, touchpad
- Multitasking and Flash enabled
- SD card slot
- Price from $327-800
- Availability: June – July
Check out the following videos of the what looks to be the final production version of the Adam tablet. I really love the video camera swivel that solves the front facing/back-facing camera. Also, the Pixel Qi display is so much more readable in sunlight and there is a trackpad in the back!
It is really exciting to see a new generation of devices making way into our lives and I am really excited for Adam, an innovation from India!
Check out more on Adam tablet at their website!
Also stay tuned as I bring another promising Apple iPad alternative from Germany this week.