It’s official. Evernote has come out with an import tool to import your Google Notebook content into Evernote.
How to Export/Import Google Notebook to Evernote?
- Sign into Google Notebook
- Click on the Notebook you want to export
- Click the export link at the bottom of the page
- Choose ‘Atom’ in the export options and save the file in your computer.
- Sign into Evernote
- Go to Google Notebook import page (available via Settings tab as well)
- Import the Google Notebook you saved in step 4
The best thing about this import process is that it maintains creation date, source URLs, images in your notebook. Also, the labels and sections are transformed into Evernote’s tags.
The Evernote import process is pretty straight forward and easy if you have only a few notebooks in Google. But, if you have used for years and have dozens of Notebooks, it could be a lot of manual work to get all your notebooks into Evernote. I think Zoho did a better job in importing all your Google Notebooks in one shot.
But, once you have all your notes imported, Evernote is definitely a good contender in managing your notes.