My wife and I love traveling and have been on a lot of trips in the US. We have found the trips we enjoyed the most were the ones we prepared well for and remembered to pack all the things we needed.
So, we usually make a checklist of items to take either in a list app in iPhone or in a plain excel spreadsheet.
We have an upcoming trip to California in a few weeks with 2 other families. And I have found an excellent tool to create and share a packing list with our friends.
PackWhiz is a free web application for travelers that let’s you build a packing list on the web. A few quick features of PackWhiz are
- No new user account needed – just login with your Google Account!
- Answer a few questions about your trip and PackWhiz generates a packing list for you
- Generates a comprehensive list of stuff based on yoru destination, means of trasportation, accommodation, weather and places.
- Add custom items not generated for you
- Even reminds you of things to do before you leave – charge batteries, upload mp3 to your player, take out trash, etc.
- Generate as many lists as you want
- Store all lists in one place
- Publish your list in the web as a web page and share it with your friends
That’s as simple as it gets for generating your packing lists.
Here are a few more resources I have covered on traveling
- Offbeat Guides – Create & Print Your Custom Travel Guides
- Schmap – Travel Guides Supercharged
- Get Directions from your Mobile Phone
- 4 Cool Ways to Track Flights
- Get Free Wi-Fi if you have AT&T DSL
- Travel deals – Web resources
I have already started to create a packing list at PackWhiz for our California trip and will be sharing it with the friends we will be traveling.